Monday, February 13, 2012

Who am I ?

Ok, I want you to do an experiment? I know, homework, it sucks, but humor me. One day, after you do your morning rituals infront of the bathroom mirror, avoid looking at yourself for the rest of the day. Yes, this is a hard request for some since mirrors seem to be everywhere and the rearview one is a necessity but try to avoid looking at yourself. I've become quite good at it. As a hair stylist who uses mirrors everyday to actually do my job, avoiding looking at myself is something I learned early on for self preservation, so I know you can do it for a day.

Now, before you get back infront of that mirror for your night rituals, create an image of yourself in your head. Try to be as detailed as possible...eyecolor, eyebrow shape, nose, lip (shape and color), hair style, color and length, neck, chin...etc. Got it? So, look.

Take a good, long look while you compare the "you" you pictured in your head to the "you" before you. How "right" were you? Is your hair longer? darker? your brows shaped differently? Are you the "head shot" you think your putting out there in the world? The "true you". If not...would you like to be? But thats another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment